Our Online Workplace Mediation Training programme is designed for those individuals who have a desire to mediate disputes in the workplace, both as an inhouse mediator or as an independent consultant. Eisele Consulting brings together leading knowledge in the field of Workplace Mediation Training to ensure that each delegate understands the context and application of the core skills needed to be an excellent mediator.
The course creates a rich and stimulating environment with plenty of opportunities to interact with the course trainers and fellow delegates. Case study mediation exercises, group discussions and de-briefing sessions enable you to practice the skills you have learnt. The facilitators are available to you throughout the programme to discuss any aspect of the course or practical difficulties.
We believe that online dispute resolution are major new developments that all mediators need to be trained in. This will enable you to develop your own online mediation practice.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
1. Facilitate parties' understanding of their sense of violation and to help parties surface their underlying needs in order to effect a change of mindset.
2. Develop a range of communication tools and techniques that can be used to guide, challenge and empower parties to understand and resolve their own dispute.
3. Create a safe climate, in an open forum, where the parties can facilitate the structured meeting of polarised and emotional mindsets.
4. Stimulate the parties to develop a set of mutually acceptable, actionable outcomes by drawing upon earlier work that established the parties’ respective, underlying needs.
5. Understand the principles, features and benefits of mediation and the practical application of this knowledge in setting up and growing a successful inhouse workplace mediation service.
All sessions 2.5 hours are delivered via Zoom or MS Teams. We can be fully flexible in structure of delivery.
Module one: Psychology of conflict and mediation principles, ethics and process
Module two: Listening, summarising, questions, overview of stage 1 and practice
Module three: Working with language, assumptions and beliefs, reframing and overview of stage 2 and practice
Module four: Facilitation skills, overcoming impasse, managing emotion and behaviour, empathy and resolution
Module five: Problem-solving and writing an agreement
Module six: Getting ready for assessments. consolidation, troubleshooting and practice
Assessment: Observed role play
The Learning Environment
Discussion and participation in practical activities are integral and essential to this training. Delegates are expected to be supported by their peers, as well as by the trainers, in developing the appropriate knowledge and skills to become effective novice Workplace Mediators.
Blended learning approach:
• Pre-reading before each module. We will also use videos of the mediation practice.
• Each person will have access to four mentor session throughout the programme
• We will either pair people up or develop triads so that delegates can practice between sessions
We will observe each delegates mediation practice through role play. In addition, their ability to understand the requirements of a workable mediation agreement and their ability to self-reflect will be assessed by a written post-course assignment.
The competencies being assessed are:
1. Planning and organising
2. Communications Skills
3. Facilitation Skills
5. Ethical Practice
Aimed at: Individuals who want to work as in-house or consultant mediators in a variety of workplace disputes.
Professionals at any level who want to develop their skills in dealing effectively with difficult behaviour and sensitive issues
Module 1 - 11/10/21
Module 2 - 18/10/21
Module 3 - 01/11/21
Module 4 - 08/11/21
Module 5 - 15/11/21
Module 6 - 22/11/21
Assessment day - 29/11/21
Time: 1:30pm - 4:00pmBook now Download flyer I have a question